Hi, I'm Libby Neder and I see things differently.
I am meant to make wedding photographs.
Real people coming together to celebrate love is the highest form of creative inspiration for me. I am in my element when photographing a wedding. I feel a strong connection to the wonderful people I get to work with and I love seeing them happy.
The amazing couples I work with truly know who they are. They don't conform to wedding traditions because they feel that they should. They find the most inspiring way to celebrate the official start of their life together and they create their own wedding day. It's why authentic, beautiful photography is so important to them. Photographs are the only thing couples are left with when the wedding is over. Your memories are a huge responsibility that I don't take lightly.
As the photographer, choosing what photographs to make and when is so much more than being in the right place at the right time. I have hundreds of choices to make every time I click the shutter. How I compose the shot--whether I choose to stand on a chair or crouch on the floor, whether I wait the extra second for you to walk into the window light or not, whether I zoom in from far away or I get very close to you with a wide-angle lens, whether I choose to use a wide-open aperture for an image that only has one part of the subject in focus--all of this effects the story told about you. When you choose a photographer, you need to like the way they make these choices. You will love your photos if you like the way your photographer sees the world.
I see the world this way:
- I think art is all connected. Classical paintings, inspiring music, choreography, pop art, and yes, wedding photos. We're all referencing something. We're all standing on the shoulders of what came before. I believe it's my job to build on the foundation of classical and timeless art. To always look for opportunities to be maturely creative, never straying too far into the fads and the cheesiness.
- I believe that people almost never think they are as attractive as they really are. My mission in life is to show them through my photography.
- I like colors. Lots of them. There, I said it.
- I like Winter more than Summer...Unless it's early spring, then I am really excited by the prospect of warm weather. By mid-July, though, I'm over it. Bring back the snowclouds, wood fires, and dark beer.
- I think photographs of people are the most important kind. I think a photograph can never be truly great unless the people in it are being their authentic selves.
When I photograph a wedding I don't simply document who was there and what they looked like. Wedding Photographers 15 years ago were largely hired for exactly those tasks, but today, with high quality digital cameras in everyone's pockets, we photographers must be and do so much more. I tell your story: beautifully and authentically, so you can always reconnect to the biggest day of your life.
My style is photojournalistic--I'm capturing the authentic moments as they happen. That smile plastered to your face for 45 seconds while you make eye contact with a cold, black, camera lens is not nearly as captivating as your real smile when you are laughing and looking at the person you love. Everything I do on your wedding day is meant to avoid cheesy posed moments and then seek out and capture your authentic feelings.
My photos are all beautifully edited--I retouch every image by hand. In my world, authenticity in photography doesn't have to come at the cost of unflattering angles and less than ideal composition.
My photos are your photos--every photoshoot, every package, includes the rights to reprint and share your full resolution photos how you'd like. Some photographers insist that you return to them every time you want to print an image and restrict your online uses to private galleries. There is no such drama with me. Ever.
If you think I might be the right photographer for you, we should talk ASAP. I book certain dates as much as 18 months in advance, and I only shoot a limited number of weddings per year. I would love to get coffee and learn more about you and your wedding.
To find out if I still have your date available, and to start talking, drop me a line here: CONTACT PAGE or give me a call on my cell at 970.403.5208